Stay Alive Interface
- People never check the controls or how to play the game.
- Because of this can sometimes struggle with how to play unless your game follows a very familiar formula.
Hopefully we can get the game out soon!
Arena Warriors the issue of stacking enemies
With this in mind we have been playing around with some ideas. (Some combined, some stand alone)
- Switch to a wave based system
- Amount based hard cap
So how would we solve the problem of creating unlimited, but balanced and fun content for a wave based system? The details are still being worked out, but here is what i as a designer are currently thinkering with.
- Tier based enemy system ranking from D to S
- Each wave has a set amount of enemies from each tier with some enemies being replaced by higher ranked monsters after X amount of waves.
- In the end that would mean the ultimate waves(Nobody should really be able to make it there. Is the hardcap(10-20 probably) amount of S tier monsters.
We are not ready to test this just yet, but its good to have it ready when we have a decent amount of monsters to test with.
I am also toying with some kind of system to reward agressive play such as a combo or time based multiplayer system, but that is currently in the brainstorming phase.
New Arena Warriors Monsters
One of the two monsters i have made this week is the Lava Slug(See Bestiary Exam on Google Play for reference)
The other enemy that has been created this week is the Primatus Warrior.