Where we stand and enemy design
- All of the 4 classes are more or less playable in game. The exception being the Warrior of Light who still needs to get all of his abilities in working order.
- We have a rather broad selection of enemies.
- Base arena, interface and mechanics are in place.
What we lack at the moment(Outside of Kongregate functionality which has not been added yet, but will be ported from Stay Alive), are more enemies with advanced attack patterns. What do i mean by this? Well simply put, its enemies with more varied interactions besides moving and attacking the player. The fighting system is something we want to prioritize in this game as its a very important part of the core gameplay. This does not only count for the player, their character and their abilities, but also in how the enemies approach and interact with the player. For an example of what we are working on, lets go throught he Mountain Wormdrake enemy i did concept art for a few weeks back.
- S tier enemy
- Medium HP
- Some strong, some medium damage attacks
- Has 3 states: Flying, On ground, Burrowed
Basicly the Wormdrake has 3 basic states that all have their own telegraphed attacks, strenght and weaknesses.
- On ground
The road ahead
We hope you enjoyed this weeks update and may you have a nice weekend! See you in a week!