Some of the most memorable things about the first day was:
- The power going out for the entire indiebooth for approximatly 1 hour leaving only a couple of us that used laptops functional.
- A guy in a ness costume and a friend of his playing Stay Alive multiplayer for almost an hour!
- Niklas playing and winning the Spillexpo Smash Bros Melee Tournament!
- How long 8 hours actually is when you are sitting at a booth. We were not prepared!
Things we learned
- Make sure your game is bug free. Stay Alive sometimes encountered a critical error that we could not replicate in the editor. Should have tested the exe file more. (Fortunatly most people didnt seem to mind the restarts)
- Make sure any demo or non finished game has a finished interface, especially ingame. A lot of people struggled with how to play our games before we explained it to them. And no, nobody EVER reads the controlls or game descriptions.
- Our games are to difficult for most players.
- Local Co Op is a lot of fun! Stay Alive was by far our most popular game with almost everyone playing multiplayer.